Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) allows your card machine to recognise when an international card is being presented for payment, allowing your customers to pay in the local currency or the currency associated with their card.
What is DCC?
Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) is a service associated to your card machine that offers your customers using international Visa® and MasterCard® the choice to pay by card in their own currency or the local currency.
DCC means your international customers can pay in their own currency (62 different currencies are recognised), track their spending more accurately and avoid international transactions fees from their bank. Meanwhile, as the business owner, you will receive 1% of the transaction amount.
How does DCC work?
- Your customer inserts or presents an international card for payment
- The card terminal will display the amount in local currency and in home currency and allow your customer to select which currency they would prefer to pay in
- The transaction is processed in the currency of your customer's choice
- The receipt will print and if home the currency was selected, the exchange rate given will be confirmed
- 1% of the transaction amount will be credited towards your card processing fees and shown on your monthly statement
What are the benefits to you and your business?
- You receive 1% of the transaction amount, credited towards your card processing fees
- It doesn’t cost you anything and you don’t have to do anything
- An improved experience for your international customers, by allowing them to pay in their home currency, avoid international transactions fees from their bank and know exactly how much they are paying
- International customers will get the reassurance that the amount displayed on your card machine is the same on their bank statement when they get home
How do I enable DCC on my card machine?
DCC is currently only available on certain devices. Please contact our Customer Support team on 01908 354 500 to find out if your card machine is DCC enabled.
If your card machine is enabled, to get you up and running it only takes a simple download, which our support team will do for you.
Does it cost me anything?
DCC is free of charge and you will be given 1% of the transaction amount, credited towards your card processing fees.
Can DCC be removed from my card machine?
DCC is completely free of charge, but if you would like it removed simply call our Customer Support team on 01908 354 500 and we can remove it for you.