We make it quick and easy for you to set up your card machine and start taking payments. It can take as little as one week for us to set you up with a terminal or 24 hours for an online payment gateway.
Depending on the system you choose, you’ll need a few things first:
- First, we’ll set you up with a merchant account, which will enable you to take card payments. To set up a merchant account, you’ll need to provide a few details about your business accounts, turnover and transactions.
- If you’re planning to take card payments through your website, you’ll need a payment gateway, which will enable you to process payments securely and swiftly. It links your website to your merchant account, so you can process transactions online.
- If you want to take card payments over the phone, you’ll need a virtual terminal, which is where you’ll enter the customer’s details to process the transaction.
- We’ll send your card machine once you’ve set up your merchant account, which will arrive within three days of your account being approved. You can set it up yourself by following the on-screen instructions (and we offer telephone support if you get stuck).
- If you choose an online or virtual terminal, your developer will need to integrate it with your site by following a set of simple instructions. Our specialists are available to help with any technical questions during the process.